First AEB-L Hunter

Justin W.

90515F78-A1C5-42EB-A1CF-6B4B4DF4C582.jpeg605993A6-3095-4903-887F-00B11416970C.jpeg42B7F5F7-16DE-46CD-B5B6-79BB1B567042.jpegThis is my first hunting knife I’ve made using stainless steel and I’m pretty pleased with how it’s turning out so far. I made it from .110 stock so it’s a bit thin for my tastes but it’s still gonna be a slicer none the less. The handle is made from tamarid and the pins are stainless aswell. Hopefully in the next couple days I can get a sheath made for this one and get it all sharpened up!

AEB-L is my steel of choice. I like how it sharpens and holds an edge. Early on I chose stainless over carbon steel, simply because of my exposure to it, and the fact that most of my personal knives are abused. And where I generally hunt is either super salty or brackish.
If you have a way to heat treat it correctly, it’s the way to go IMHO.

AEB-L is my steel of choice. I like how it sharpens and holds an edge. Early on I chose stainless over carbon steel, simply because of my exposure to it, and the fact that most of my personal knives are abused. And where I generally hunt is either super salty or brackish.
If you have a way to heat treat it correctly, it’s the way to go IMHO.
Yeah I really like it aswell! Sadly I don’t have a heat treat oven in house so I’ve been having to ship them off but I’m working just as hard as I can to save up so I can to get one and then I will be swapping over to only using stainless steel on my knives

That tamarind is beautiful. Great job on the finish. You are developing an identifiable style in your knives. I can see that you prefer slender handles and wide blades. It’s an unusual aesthetic, but if it feels right to you and your customers like it that’s all that matters.

Your plunge lines are great and your work overall is very clean. Well done.

That tamarind is beautiful. Great job on the finish. You are developing an identifiable style in your knives. I can see that you prefer slender handles and wide blades. It’s an unusual aesthetic, but if it feels right to you and your customers like it that’s all that matters.

I appreciate it man! Something really clicked with these last couple of knives that I’ve made and I’m FINALLY starting to understand how to handsand blades

Ditto. This is perfectly stated.

As the pic appared the handle showed first and I was very much taken with it. dont get tamarind here but that is a beautiful piece.

Back