First inlaid sheath

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
This is the first time I've tried doing an inlaid sheath. Right or wrong this is my result.

I first began with preparing an 8/9 oz pouch, the belt loop was dyed and edge coted. An overlay of 3 oz leather was prepared by cutting windows in the overlay then dyed the leather of which I glued and sewed frog skin in the windows. I also added some padding behind the frog skin to give it a little dimension. The over lay was partially glued (down the center and the top). the top was sewn and the belt loop was sewn in place. I the glued the welt, the overlay and the inner pouch and set them all together. After the glue bond was set all the layers were sewn together, the excess was trimmed and the edge was finished.

I feel I came out pretty good but you be the judge, critiques and recommendations welcome.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• frog sheath.jpg
    frog sheath.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 81
  • frogsheath2.jpg
    frogsheath2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 83
Nicely done on your first.I also like the choice of colors and materials.Dave2thumbs

Great job! I have to agree with everyone else on the color choice, looks really nice. Just like a pro! Gonna have to try some inlay myself, at some point.

Back