First knife completed in a long time

Lagrange

As many of you know I have a number of afflictions that have been slowing me down. However I have made a determined effort to fight through it and follow my passion.
The greatest reward was seeing the face of the new owner who told me that I had not only met his requirements but that I had gone above and beyond his wildest imagination.
So here we have it...nothing really special but it is a milestone for me. 5/32" 01 steel ( acid etched) approx. 9" long, antique ivory micarta scales from Boss, and brass pins that I flared into the handle.
I'm up for any and all criticism or comments.

Eric,
I have really been missing your work but the package you have here makes the wait worth while. Love the knife and your sheath is very impressive. The only thing I notice is that you didn't tell us anything about what I think is a striker on the side of the sheath. Beautiful combo!!!!

Wade

Nice work Eric.
You're a terror in the sheath department. The ivory micarta can be a pain to work but the end results are always worth it. Keep up the fight.

Rudy

Oh yeah...nice and clean. I like that one and especially the contrast between the handle and the tooled sheath. Good looking knife!

Eric its about time you posted some of you great work. I love all of it. GREAT all around package. He should be very happy. KT

I like it, nice work. Did you "flare" the tube or "Chamfer" the inside edge of the tube?

Great to see you are working again ! The knife and case are super stuff ! It that a sharpening steel in the case? Frank

Thanks guys, you are way too kind. I did flare the tubes and then hit them with the countersink bit to give them a little shine. That is not a sharpening steel that is a fero rod from Boss fitted to a handle that matches the knife handle.

Thanks everyone.
Getting back into it isnt the hard part, pushing past the pain is. Knowing that you have to pay tomorrow for what you do today....and doing it anyway.
Sounds like passion to me.

Eric,

I LOVE IT!!!! The sheath is the perfect fit for the knife. Awesome job. I really love that side draw sheath not taking anything away from the knife.I've got a customer that wants a side draw and have to admit that I'm not to keen on 'em but yours looks great! Mind if I borrow a few ideas from yours to make mine? Again great job.

God Bless,
Robert

Back