Folder w/ checkered Blackwood & koa inlays

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's the latest folder out of my shop. I think this is only the 10th folder I've made. I really like the contrast of the scales.

W2 steel blade
3 3/16" blade, 4" closed
Blackwood scales with hand checkered bolsters and curly koa inlays
Bronze hand filed backspacer
Jeweled titanium liners

Thanks for the great pic Coop!

Doyle_180130-web.jpg

I said it on Instagram but I will say it again. Best folder you have made love it.

I would like to see some how to pics of doing an inlay like that. I would like to try it with micarta or g10 on a slip joint.

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate your kind words and taking the time to post.

....your work is out of this world it has no equal that I have seen.

I'm seriously questioning how many knives you've seen. :D :p You should get out more. ;)

I might be the best knifemaker in my little town*. I'm probably the best knifemaker on my road**. I'm certainly the best knifemaker living in my house***. (See fine print). Beyond that, I think your perspective might be a tad skewed. :D

Kidding aside.....I'm humbled that you would think that and I thank you for your kind words.

*purely speculative. No research was done and there was no official contest or voting conducted.

**it might be true....who knows? I can't possibly know everyone on my road much less their occupations.

***given I'm the ONLY knifemaker living in my house, this must be true if only be default. If it isn't.......I have some questions for my wife.

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate your kind words and taking the time to post.

I'm seriously questioning how many knives you've seen. :D :p You should get out more. ;)

I might be the best knifemaker in my little town*. I'm probably the best knifemaker on my road**. I'm certainly the best knifemaker living in my house***. (See fine print). Beyond that, I think your perspective might be a tad skewed. :D

Kidding aside.....I'm humbled that you would think that and I thank you for your kind words.

*purely speculative. No research was done and there was no official contest or voting conducted.

**it might be true....who knows? I can't possibly know everyone on my road much less their occupations.

***given I'm the ONLY knifemaker living in my house, this must be true if only be default. If it isn't.......I have some questions for my wife.
Lol!!

Seriously though...when a person likes an artists above all others it is a preferential thing. Some people think Picasso is the greatest artist of all time...I personally think Monet is much better....Rick definitely see you as an artist!...as most of us do!

I just think you make some very fine knifes one right after another with great detail and thought that go's into each knife they are true works of art.

Here's the latest folder out of my shop. I think this is only the 10th folder I've made. I really like the contrast of the scales.

W2 steel blade
3 3/16" blade, 4" closed
Blackwood scales with hand checkered bolsters and curly koa inlays
Bronze hand filed backspacer
Jeweled titanium liners

Thanks for the great pic Coop!

View attachment 62630
That is amazingly beautiful, John!!
I love this one. I'll pay for the shipping if you send it to me.

John, I would have expected nothing less from you but, you know what they say about setting the bar so high!! :D There is so much eye candy in this one, as well as just cool factor. The checkering and the inlay complement one another and together they just shove the knife over the top! You Sir, are a master craftsman!!!

Back