Forging Feather!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Well guys and gals, I just wanted to show ya what Jr has been working on.. Every year we make a list of things we hope to do, short term and long tern. I find it to be a good way to have a checks and balance on our progress.

This year, Jr. said he wanted to forge feather pattern.. Talk about setting the bar high.. :) so I wrote it on the list! little did I know he had been reading all the posts on Knife Dogs by Bruce Bump.. lol he was ready to give it a shot.

Yep, You guessed it. He did it!!! :) and has actually done a couple. and has one in process now!

Here are some pics of the latest.. I added a few shots of him forging the steel and splitting the billet and re-welding the halves!

Thanks Bruce, for all the time and info you share with us dogs on this awesome forum! God Bless YA!

Randy, HHH Knives

Attachments

• Feather billet in progress 004.jpg
    Feather billet in progress 004.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Feather billet in progress 009.jpg
    Feather billet in progress 009.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 67
  • feather pattern 005.jpg
    feather pattern 005.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 64
  • feather pattern 015.jpg
    feather pattern 015.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 62
  • feather pattern 022.jpg
    feather pattern 022.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 70
  • feather pattern 023.jpg
    feather pattern 023.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 63
  • feather pattern 021.jpg
    feather pattern 021.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 56
  • feather pattern 024.jpg
    feather pattern 024.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 73
Thats a great accomplishment Jr! The pattern looks very good too. Fun and rewarding isnt it? Also a pain isnt it? Remember you can cleave other patterns too for a completely different look. Thanks for showing all your progress and another thanks for mentioning me as a mentor.

Thanks Bruce, Yea its alot of fun, yet, can be a pain as you said. Im just glad Jr. has the passion for this and even when stuff dont go as planned he keeps coming back! :)
Were gona try some other patterns like you suggested! Ill post the progress on the "Jr did it again" post here on KD! I cant tell you Thank you enough times!!! Your the MAN!

Silversage, Will do buddy! There were a couple high fives in the shop this week! Its a KNIFE LIFE!!!!

Back