full face respirator

You sure want to try before you buy. They are a very difficult type of respirator to have to work in. Frank

True. For the first month that I wore mine, I had to do neck strengthening exercises to deal with the added weight of the full mask. But even with that slight drawback, the FFM is better than a half mask for the mere fact that you don't need separate eye protection.

This is the version that I have:

41018.jpg

That looks like a very good particle full face. I was more familiar with ones that protected from certain gases. Frank

I started using a Trend Air shield about six months back. It took a bit to get used to, but now that I've worn it for a while I like it a lot. The fact that it has positive air pressure as well as eye protection works for me. I like it for grinding the view is clear with out the canisters in the way. Add your tunes via an mp3 and its heaven.

Fred
Is yours a full face enclosed PP respirator?Ii have seen one the was more of an airshield that blew filtered air from the top of the head blowing any contaminants away from the breathing zone. Can you elaberate on yours?
Thanks and God Bless
Mike

That looks like a very good particle full face. I was more familiar with ones that protected from certain gases. Frank

Frank these too protect against a myriad of gasses and particulates. It all depends on what type of cartridges you choose to employ.

The one I have has filtered air coming in the top of the mask. One reason I like it is there is nothing gripping the face such as a canister system has. My lungs don't process the volume of air they used to, so this makes breathing much easier. Funny thing is; I was looking into buying one of these, I dropped by a friends house and he gave me one he got for 20 dollars, it was a clearance item. It was a store display and needed batteries and a new filter, but hey I was thrilled.

yhst-15338164233986_2245_1295775

That looks like the ticket!
I have spent a lot of years working in respirator required environments, and for comfort, I think I will look into one like this.
Is everything self contained in the hood?

Thanks for responding.

God Bless
Mike

Yes its all in the hood. The part that fits on your skull is made well, fits well and has nice padding that can be removed and cleaned. There well thought out.

Its nice to get away from the mask up against the face feeling. These feel clean when you have them on.

Fred

Back