Fundraising Knife

Lagrange

I had a guy contact me today about building a knife to auction off for a fund raiser for a woman with cancer. He sent a news clipping outlining the womans plight and gave me his affiliation information as well as his personal contact information. I believe this guy is legitimate and the cause is real and worthy.

I feel really bad because financially I am strapped due to my health. My shop time has been so limited due to the weather and I just started getting orders for knives that I need to make which will take all the time I have.
I feel bad because I want to help. I dont have anything I could just mail him.
Has this happened to you before?

Anyone out there have any thoughts?

I make knives sometimes to raise money for some causes,I personally am involved in these causes and oversee all the fundraising so there is no question about the integrity of these projects.
I am asked fom time to time to make knives for fund raisers so I make them a custom knife just like they want and charge them for it so it will be up to them to raise enough money to cover all their expenses and make a profit for their cause.
If I were asked for a donation from anyone for any reason and could not afford to give I would just tell them that. I cannot give money or time that I do not have to give.

I,m averaging 2 knives per year for fund raisers. Every time I,m done with one I get some type of blessing. It's worth it but you can get over run with too many free ones. I was contacted by so many organizations one year that I decided to scale back to just a couple.

Last edited:
Back