Giraffe bone and 1095

backtines

Made this one with giraffe bone scales about 8 months ago.. I really took a liking to this knife and didn't want to give it up.. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time came to visit.. Needless to say he too fell in love with this nice knife. I guess it was time to let it go..

Have you guys ever made one that you didn't want to let go.?

DSC03897_zps660880ae.jpg
[/URL]

DSC03894_zps24eb8996.jpg
[/URL]

DSC03895_zps7ce367a0.jpg
[/URL]

Mikey, I wouldn't have wanted to let that one go either. Now to answer your question. Heck yeah, I keep them. I mean I have been lucky enough to give a few away, but I have been keeping the rest. You guys that make knives that people will actually pay for are just asking for those kinds of problems.:biggrin:

Bill

That is a sweet one Mikey...be hard to let er go. I've sold one or two that were like parting with children...(hello my name is Paul and I've lost knives to customers...):15:

Awesome work again Mikey. Your knives are so clean and the lines and flow are so nice and pleasing to the eye.

I've had a couple that were hard to let go, one in particular.

Then again.............I've had more than a few that I sent out where I was so glad to be rid of them and never want to see them again. ;)

Mikey, I wouldn't have wanted to let that one go either. Now to answer your question. Heck yeah, I keep them. I mean I have been lucky enough to give a few away, but I have been keeping the rest. You guys that make knives that people will actually pay for are just asking for those kinds of problems.:biggrin:

Bill

I'm in the same boat, keep saying the next one will be sold but ..

Beautiful knife! I don't have that problem, my youngest daughter grabs all the keepers. I just go look at them in her room!

Yes Mikey,
I too suffer from knife hoarder syndrome! Very sweet knife. I really like the aged look of the Camel bone.

Yep every once in a while i make something i just cant part with...then the bills are due and its gone :)

Beautiful knife buddy, that blade finish is amazing!

That is a real beauty, Mikey. KT has finally got me talked into keeping a couple of my own but up until that I haven't had to much of a problem:sad: letting them go.

Wade

Nice knife I would have a hard time parting with it too.

Most of the knives I make that I keep are because I don't think they are good enough to let go

All good guys .. I feel better now that we're all on the same page.. Ya know , I guess everything happens for a reason. At least it went to a good friend and hopefully he can pass it down to future generations to come.

Back