Girls Tactical EDC w/ Pink & Black DewCarta

RangerMadeKnives

KNIFE MAKER
I finished this yesterday. Had not worked with DewCarta before but it was the right color for the project so I gave it a try. I found it to be very similar to sandblasted canvas micarta but, without blasting it. It does not get a super smooth finish unless you apply a top coat. I experimented with a piece using a CA finish and it worked up to a brilliant shine. The scales on this knife were finished to 600 grit and wiped with WD-40 after installation.

The blade is CPM-S35VN and has a Cerakote finish. Pin and tube are carbon fiber.

Bob

Untitled by Bob, on Flickr

Looks good, but how about a couple more pics? What are the bolsters and I'm guessing they Cerakoted to? Was it hard to glue scales on without messing up the Cerakote?

Looks good, but how about a couple more pics? What are the bolsters and I'm guessing they Cerakoted to? Was it hard to glue scales on without messing up the Cerakote?

I will try to put up a few more pics. I hate posting cell phone pics but, dragging out all my photo gear has not been an option lately. The bolsters are 416 and were pinned and shaped before coating. I use G/flex epoxy to attach my scales and it can be cleaned up with denatured alcohol. I just clean up the squeeze out with q-tips lightly soaked with the alcohol.

Bob

Back