Going small

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Back in 2006 I made several small axes and tomahawks and then none till just a few days ago. The little pickax was first and now its back to the axes again. Was working on number 3 yesterday when I forgot I'd just taken it out of the forge about a minute before I went and picked it up. That sure cured my forgetfulness in a hurry.

Attachments

• IMG_6158.jpg
    IMG_6158.jpg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6159.jpg
    IMG_6159.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Raymond I am looking at the pictures and going left to right, tomahawk, pickax,...…………. and damn Raymond really did burn his hand!! Oh, wait that is a piece of wood not his hand!!!
It sure brings you back to reality in a heartbeat doesn't it!! I hear they call that a brain fart! :eek::D

Last edited:
Raymond I am looking at the pictures and going left to right, tomahawk, pickax,...…………. and damn Raymond really did burn his hand!! Oh, wait that is a piece of wood not his hand!!!
It sure brings you back to reality in a heartbeat doesn't it!! I hear they call that a brain fart! :eek::D

I'll be 72 next month, I hear and am believing that after 70 brain farts occur much more frequently. Luckily I got my finger in very cold water within seconds after my senior moment. That really made a difference. Other than a huge blister on a third of my index finger it feels just fine now. The piece of wood in the photo was my quick attempt at carving a thumb. I need to stick to axes and picks.

A picture of the the ax that burnt me.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Looking at the pic of the finished ax it might just have been worth it! Turned out real well Raymond!

I done the same thing a while back I just arc welded on. Chipped the weld, which in turn knocked it on the ground. Reached over and shut the welder off, took off my gloves and reached down and picked it up!! Its funny how it takes those couple of seconds before your brain, says hey dummy that is still hot, drop it!!

Back