Good Equipment = Good Investment

DanF

I've always believed that good equipment will pay for itself (if the skills are developed and equipment properly used). I am in the process of selling off my current generation equipment and I am finding that my return on good quality used pieces have held their value over a few years. One piece actually appreciated in $$ value. And, with the current interest in knifemaking, stuff sells fast, sold everything I listed within 26 hours.
Now, where did I leave that buy button...,. ;)

Tools,,,,,
Always buy the best you can afford.
Wise words or buy cheap and buy twice. I remember when I served my plumbing apprenticeship in the 80's , good tools cost a fortune but these days there are lots of excellent tools for fait prices. You guys in the states really have it lucky as you have some fantastic equipment for knife making which is either hard to find or expensive here. I know you might disagree as the other mans grass is always greener of course :)

I have always advocated for buying the quality you need. Some tools are used rarely and can be of handyman quality but for high use tools the best trade quality is a must. Cost is recovered by reliability and longevity

You guys in the states really have it lucky as you have some fantastic equipment for knife making which is either hard to find or expensive here.

Where is "here"??
I'm a machinist. We have always been required to have our own tools. Good tools are a must!

Still sorting everything out, much is still up in the air at this point. Working with a builder on a possible expansion or total new shop. Will post more as I get this moving in a definate direction.

Back