Got one finished

gudspelr

I haven't really posted much on this site, but have lurked for quite a long time. I'm a long ways from really good at making knives, but one thing I do know is it's hard to get better without input. I just finished this knife (6th completed knife) and was able to do so after a great visit to Bruce Bingenheimer's place. He was able to help put right (or at least as close as he could with what I had going...) a fair amount of little issues and shared a lot of tips and tricks that will make future knives much better. Bing is a great maker as well as a great guy and I owe him a lot for helping me out.

As with many knives in photos, you can't see all the little flaws-glue line where I didn't get things clamped well enough, etc. But, I can say with confidence that this is the best knife I've done mostly on my own to date. I used a bunch of stuff Bing showed me to do the handle, which turned out much better than the first full tang handle I did.

So, here it is. 5160, differential heat treatment, heavily rounded spine, and some really pretty Amboyna burl that Bing gave me. Thanks again for a great time, Bing.

The beginning, after glue-up.

Some shaping of the handle, courtesy of Bing's teaching.

A few more...

Any comments or constructive criticism are welcome. I still have a long way to go :).

Jeremy

Back