Green Micarta Hunter

Randy Lucius

Green Micarta and Coconut Fiber
White Liners and Natural Micarta Pins
600 Grit Satin Finished Blade
Overall Length 8 and 1/8
Cutting Edge 3 and 1/2

Tried something on the handles that didn't work out so I ended up thinning the handle out more than I usually do. Even though it's really slim it still feels good in the hand. Got some pinholes to fix and some cleanup work left to do but I thought I'd post it anyway.

gme0001.jpg

gme0004.jpg

gme0002.jpg

gme0003.jpg

gme0005.jpg

gme0006.jpg

Good looking blade. I really like the coconut fiber with the micarta! You are putting out some really nice blades. Thanks for sharing.

Wow I really like that top one!! The second one not so much but that is a personal thing so don't take it personal on your end!! I would like it if it was all the yellow wood! What kind of wood is that??

You know I have been watching your work and it is real good! Two thumbs up!!

Wow I really like that top one!! The second one not so much but that is a personal thing so don't take it personal on your end!! I would like it if it was all the yellow wood! What kind of wood is that??

You know I have been watching your work and it is real good! Two thumbs up!!

Not taken personal at all Craft. The world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my work. It means a lot. The yellow wood is Osage Orange or if you're from Mississippi like me it's "Bodark". :)

Not taken personal at all Craft. The world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my work. It means a lot. The yellow wood is Osage Orange or if you're from Mississippi like me it's "Bodark". :)

Thanks for the info! I am going to assume that your name is Lucius, (I hate calling folks by a screen name). So Lucius it is more of a personal thing because I like the two materials but just not together. I do like how you split them though. The material at the split against the coconut micarta. What is that?? It appears to have an rope style filing on it. Is that what I am seeing??

Hey Craft. Here's one of the first knives I did. The tree was cut from a friend's grandfathers land and given to his dad for Father's Day. Connecting three generations. Kinda neat. To answer your question from a previous post the split between the materials on the bodock and coconut knife is black and white g10 liner with nickel silver. No fancy rope filing of anything it's just an optical illusion. My name is Randy Lucius but down here people are often addressed by their last name so Lucius is fine. Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Bodock_2.JPG

b0001.jpg

b0002.jpg

b0003.jpg

Good looking blade. I really like the coconut fiber with the micarta! You are putting out some really nice blades. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks opaul! Really enjoy seeing your recent work on Hamons. I need to try that soon.

Last edited:
Green Micarta and Coconut Fiber
White Liners and Natural Micarta Pins
600 Grit Satin Finished Blade
Overall Length 8 and 1/8
Cutting Edge 3 and 1/2

Tried something on the handles that didn't work out so I ended up thinning the handle out more than I usually do. Even though it's really slim it still feels good in the hand. Got some pinholes to fix and some cleanup work left to do but I thought I'd post it anyway.

View attachment 65874

View attachment 65875

View attachment 65876

View attachment 65877

View attachment 65878

View attachment 65879
This knife is awesome! So clean!

Back