Greetings from Colorado

Graham Fredeen

Howdy folks,

Guess its about time I stopped in and made my first post over here instead of just lurking about.

I see a few familair faces over here, and many new ones.

For those who don't know me, my name is Graham Fredeen and I'm located in Colorado Springs, CO. I've been making knives for I guess around 6 years now (pretty much weekends only though :rolleyes: ) so don't know if all that time counts or not ;). Started out with some crude stock removal blades before I knew much of anything and then built a forge around 4-5 years ago and proceeded to teach myself how to forge and have been smithing ever since. Spent the past few years building myself some modest equipment and gradually improving my work to where it is now. Just recently finally got around to joining the ABS after some nudging and persuasion from some fellow bladesmiths, so I'm officially an ABS apprentice and will probably go for a JS certification in about 2 years (got to get that basic membership requirement down first).

For those interested, here are a few pictures of some of my work:

BirdandTrout215copy-1.jpg

BirdandTrout221copy-1.jpg

IntegralBolster022copy.jpg

IntegralBolster040copy.jpg

PatternWeldingTutorial188.jpg

AmboynaEDC3.jpg

DamascusRingscopy.jpg

SecondRuncopy.jpg

Wpatternbillet002.jpg

Anyway, this seems like a great place with a great group of people, so glad to be part of it and look forward to sharing in the craft with everyone here.

Welcome to the pack Graham. It's good to have you with us. I really enjoyed your pics, that some really nice looking work you have there.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I definately look forward to sharing more of my work with everyone and being part of the great community here.

Thanks Guys!

Thought you folks might want to see what that W-Pattern Billet I posted above looks like now, so here's a picture of the blade. Its a medium sized bowie/fighter, ~6.5" blade or so. Still needs to be HT'd, but I just had to etch it after the rough grind to see what my efforts turned out to be ;) . Should be a really nice one when its all said and done.

Attachments

• W Pattern Fighter Rough Ground.jpg
    W Pattern Fighter Rough Ground.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
Hey Graham , welcome to knife dogs. Beautiful work you got there. I really like the mokume rings. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. hi there 1

Back