grinding belts

Rey

Where can I get the best price for ceramic blaze 2x72 belts and structured abrasive belts. Grits: Blaze- 36,60,120 and 220-400 ceramic zirconia klingspore, last- structured abrasive belts in grits of 320,500,1200. Rey

Where can I get the best price for ceramic blaze 2x72 belts and structured abrasive belts. Grits: Blaze- 36,60,120 and 220-400 ceramic zirconia klingspore, last- structured abrasive belts in grits of 320,500,1200. Rey

I GET MINE FROM TRUE GRIT

I've found Tracy www.usaknifemaker.com to have consistently the BEST prices on Blaze belts.

I've tried every high quality ceramic belt there is, the cubitrons, the zirconias, etc, I still come back to the Blaze as my favorite belt.

When I ordered my first batch of belts, I ordered from BossDog as Stephen said. I also ordered some that BossDog didn't carry from Pop's. I have found that USA Knifemaker and Pop's has the best prices.

When I ordered my first batch of belts, I ordered from BossDog as Stephen said. I also ordered some that BossDog didn't carry from Pop's. I have found that USA Knifemaker and Pop's has the best prices.

that's true, Pops has great service and I order from him occasionally, but I've found that I don't like his belt selection as much as Tracys.

they just rep different manufacturers and I like the Blaze belts more than the Cubitron belts.

Thanks gentlemen for the info. I will go to usa knifemakers web site to order, thanks again. Rey

Blaze and yellow Klingspors from Tracy. The one thing he doesn't carry are the blue zirconia Klingspors in 2 x 72 and I refuse to use the Nortons because I had a batch that had brittle backings and I got dinged in the forehead once or twice by split belts. One flexible belt that is really pretty good for the money is the "blue grey" Hermes AO belt. Their regular reddish brown AO stuff is pretty lame IMO, but the treated ones are pretty good, albeit more expensive than the basic stuff. Still cheaper than Klingspor. Tru Grit can hook you up with those. Pops is a good source for the blue belts.

i order blaze belts from Tracy.. and anything i couldnt get from him,, i send him a email.. and hes on it,, it is my goal to buy all from one source,, the only thing i can't is my 3m gators,, but, Tracy bends over backwards,, he is my mang,,

I am very sure that a ton of you know this, but some may not so I am going to just throw this out there. Helpfull tip: When finishing out a blade there is no need to go from a 36 to 60 to 120 to 240 to 400 and so on. I did this for years and spent a ton of money on belts that I did not need to buy. This is how I do it which is by no means the correct way! Just one of many way. I start grinding my blade with a 50 grit ceramic belt. When I get close to where I am ready to heat treat i go strait to a pretty much new 220 belt ceramic or aluminum oxide whatever I feel like that day. Remove all the 50 grit scratches with the 220 belt which it will easily do. Then I heat treat and temper and all that. Then I go back to the 50 grit ceramic to do my finish grind now here is the neat part then I jump all the way up to a new 400 grit aluminum oxide belt which so far I prefer Klingspor belts. Sometimes I still can't believe it but the 400 will easily remove the 50 grit scratches. Then from hear on out I use different belts for different finishes. I hope this helps some of you on saving a little $$. I learned this from Ed Caffery and wasn't realy sure if going from a 50 grit to a 400 would realy work, but it does.

Back