Guillotine tool

Gliden07

Got this on Etsy for 40 bucks as a kit. Tacked it all up today milled a pocket in base for the hardy stake. Going to offset the tool on the plate so it doesn't rock on the Anvil face. Waiting for stakes now to finish.
20200328_162612_resize_5.jpg20200328_155834_resize_35.jpg

Nice I had one i made for years and was always repairing it,a couple of months ago a bought a commercially made one and love it,i also would recomend a brass hammer,i got a 2 pounder from HF for around 15 dollars.

Nice I had one i made for years and was always repairing it,a couple of months ago a bought a commercially made one and love it,i also would recomend a brass hammer,i got a 2 pounder from HF for around 15 dollars.

This is a kit I bought off of Etsy. I'm gonna use it to isolate the The Tang on a hidden Tang knife. My Anvil doesn't have any nice squared edges. Figured this would be cheaper than a new anvil!!

This is a kit I bought off of Etsy. I'm gonna use it to isolate the The Tang on a hidden Tang knife. My Anvil doesn't have any nice squared edges. Figured this would be cheaper than a new anvil!!
That will do it for sure, the one I have is usable from side to side and front and rear so you can also fuller with it.I also use it for other blacksmith work besides blades and its definitely a handy tool.

I'm a little mad about this thing. It was a kit so I bought it knowing it I have a welder so no big deal (I'm not a good welder though)! Anyway I mock it all up and tack weld the body. Had to wait for the Hardy stakes to come. They show up I go to put the thing all together and my little mig wont handle the plate it's to heavy. Even turned all the way up!! So I go to a welder I've used before, hes closed cause of the Corona Virus shut down!! So now I got a tool that I cant finish and cant use!! Always my luck!! LOL!!

Back