HA! Now I know why they call it IRONWOOD!

slatroni

This is the first piece of Ironwood I have used in ten years. This is a knife for my friend who was in the Air Force during Viet Nam. He also retired from the Sheriff Dept. The blade is 4" of 1095. Mosaic pins hold on Ironwood scales with blue liners. The Blue liners are for his service in the Air Force and the basket weave is for his service as a Sheriff Deputy. Oh ya, I have been hiding in the garage all weekend so he wouldn't see it till its was done!
bills knife.jpgbills knife1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great, love the scales and pins. Is this the blade you had clay on? Did you get any hamon activity? Your friend is going to love it, and the personal touches are going to mean a lot to him.

Thanks Anthony! I did get a faint hamon but not as visible as I had hoped. He better like it! I have been grinding that ironwood with the door shut so he didn't come over and spoil the surprise! LOL! That wood is some tough stuff.

Awesome job! When I red the description, I wasn't sure I'd like the blue liners with the Desert Ironwood, but it looks Great! You did a very nice job on the grinds too.

I'm sure your friend will be very proud to carry that knife.

Thanks for sharing,

Don

Thank you DBAR! I wasnt to sure about the blue eather, but it turned out kinda' nice. Because of medical issues I wasn't sure if he could manipulate a snapped strap so I made the sheath deeper to eliminate the strap. That is also why I made the finger grooves. I am going to hand it over to him today.

Nice work. I have gone on an Ironwood kick of late and it's definitely a love hate relationship. The end result always seems to be worth the effort though and most people love the look and feel of it.

Thanks Jon! Ironwood is like my wife, Beautiful but tough, LOL! I ordered another piece from the same guy on Ebay. I can't wait to see it!

Back