Happy little trees...

Justin Presson

So for whatever goofy reason I have wanted to paint a Bob Ross style painting. When I was a kid my mom would paint alot. Everytime I would see Bob Ross on TV flipping the channels I would tell my wife one of these days I'm gonna paint a Bob Ross but never did. My wife for Christmas bought me a Bob Ross kit with DVD so tonight I busted it out...not to bad for a redneck knifemaking hack.
20181229_183713.jpg

Bob is smiling down on you! I got a granddaughter that I was flipping thru the channels looking for a cartoon for her! When I saw Bob Ross was still painting on the PBS channel. I said whoops, I know you don't want to watch that. But she did, I thought she would tire of it in a few minutes but she stayed for the whole hour! She is 5 and is an inspiring artist, so maybe their is hope the talent I once thought I had may continue on!!

Very nice work, you may have missed your calling!!!

I dont know whether to take that as a compliment on my painting or an insult on my knifemaking....lmao :p

Haha.....I thought about that after I posted. Let me clarify:

Your knives are great. And even making great knives, its tough to make any real money.

That painting is awesome! I'm super impressed. I've seen some local and other non local unknown artists selling paintings for WAY more than knives.

In reality, its probably hard to make money as an artist OR a knifemaker. You're good at both.

Great job are you using a metal thing (can't think of the right word) to create the mountains.

Haha.....I thought about that after I posted. Let me clarify:

Your knives are great. And even making great knives, its tough to make any real money.

That painting is awesome! I'm super impressed. I've seen some local and other non local unknown artists selling paintings for WAY more than knives.

In reality, its probably hard to make money as an artist OR a knifemaker. You're good at both.
I know I was just busting your chops...I'm just glad my paycheck does not depend on either or my family would starve.

Great job are you using a metal thing (can't think of the right word) to create the mountains.
Yes it's like a small putty knife. The dang kit only came with one brush and the little knife after I got started I realized Bob had way more brushes in the video!

Back