Happy Veteran's Day

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I'll be in the Ozarks this weekend with family and friends escaping the hecticness we call life. I'll have the honor of having dinner with my old battle buddy and mentor which I haven't seen in over four years and my newly assigned team leader who will be working along side me for our next assignment.

Tomorrow we will honor those who serve or have served our great nation by defending her flag and interests during both times of war and peace. Many of these Heroes unfortunately made the ultimate sacrifice defending our way of life and the dream that makes America great. I want to say "Thank You" to all who came before my time, those I have had the privilege to stand beside, and those who will stand our post in generations to follow. You are all and will forever be my Heroes.

The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th the month is Remembrance Day here In Australia. As a Veteran I attended the service here in my home town of Ballarat this morning .

It was a very moving service, We then attended the service at the POW Wall here in Ballarat. There are over 39,000 names engraved here.These are the names of all Australians who where imprisoned in all wars that Australians have taken part in.

Many of these young Men and Women have no known graves, it was an honour to be there today and pay my resects to these Heroes.
Ray Mende Vietnam Veteran (and Knife Maker) Australia

All gave some - some gave all. God Bless the veterans and those who are serving now for their commitment to our great country. God@$#& the politicians for making a mess of it.

I was politely reminded by a veteran once, after wishing him a happy Veteran's Day, that it is not a joyous holiday, especially for those who remember lost friends and loved ones. It's not a cake and ice cream kind of holiday for those it is meant to recognize, and it is easy for those of us who have not made those sacrifices, to forget the solemnity of this day.

"Thank You" are the only appropriate words I have.

To all who served , God Bless and never forget .......... Bubba- san ... James J Bieler USN RDC ( retired)

Honor to all that did their duty to keep Freedom Free!
Here in the good Ole USA and In all countries were Men & Women united against tyranny & Oppression around the world.

Laurence

The Best Veteran's Day Ever

My team leader didn't get to make it up to the cabin for dinner last night, but my old battle buddy did. Though saddening at times while telling stories of friends lost, it was a great evenig of brotherhood shared. I truly miss working with Jerry. I don't think he will ever realize how much he taught me over the years, but I know that I am the NCO that I am today due to the tough love he showed me as I grew up from a PFC to SSG under his wing.

004-28.jpg

Back