Hello from AZ

P J 234

Hello,

Just signed up a day or so ago and I guess I need to make my obligatory intro post. Josh Dabney invited me here, and it seems like a great forum. Looking forward to spending some time here.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to KD!

What parts of AZ are you from? I just moved from Phoenix about 2 years ago. Lived right off the 101/51st Ave between Union Hills/Bell Rd.

Good to have you.

Chris

Copyofdogbanner-Copycopycopy.jpg

I'm in Chandler; we've been here I guess 8 years now. Each summer seems to get a little hotter and longer, but this next 8 months or so makes it seem so worth it.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

LOL.....Couldnt agree more. I will never forget the winds during them 115+ degree days....feels like your face is going to melt off:eek:

Be seeing you around2thumbs

Chris

I'm in Chandler; we've been here I guess 8 years now. Each summer seems to get a little hotter and longer, but this next 8 months or so makes it seem so worth it.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Yes, excellent weather to be standing in front of a forge! :eek:

PJ I think Tai put us in touch with each other a few months ago. Feel free to drop me a PM sometime if you want to chat or meet for lunch.

Aaron

Yes, excellent weather to be standing in front of a forge! :eek:

PJ I think Tai put us in touch with each other a few months ago. Feel free to drop me a PM sometime if you want to chat or meet for lunch.

Aaron

Sounds good Aaron. I've not done much forging, trying to learn how to do everything else seems to consume most of my time. How about you?

Sounds good Aaron. I've not done much forging, trying to learn how to do everything else seems to consume most of my time. How about you?

Well, with the birth of our second kid in August I've been somewhat occupied. :eek:

Still, I manage to get some filing or sanding done once in a while. With liberal application of Tai's expert hammer arm I've gotten 4 knives forged so far--but two are only kiridashis. :D We actually knocked those two out in half a day, in spite of my sheer determination to screw everything up.

The one I'm working on now is going to be very nice...if I can ever get the time to finish it.

Honestly though it takes longer I prefer to avoid using any of my power tools. I kind of zone out in a Zen-like state when filing and sanding. :bud: Besides, I need the exercise. 2thumbs

Back