Help identify these three please

Cojab

Was hoping someone could help me ID these knives. The first one is the knife that got me interested in knives in the first place. This was given to my dad in the 70's by a german man. I was young but I remember him telling my dad it was a Gurka (???) I think. He also siad the handle was Ivory. All I really know is I've tried to sharpen it and it is very hard steel.

The second is a Case given to me by my wifes granddad. 97 years old and up until 5 years ago he was still cutting all the "old ladies" lawns in the neighborhood! The stamp on the blade says CASE, with "tested xx" under it. From what I can find this was made between 1916 and around 1945. The closest I can find seems to be a model 0045 Camper or something like that but the can opener is not the same.

The third was also given to me by old granddad. Its a three blade but one is broken off. The only mark is the Case xx on the main blade. I believe made between 1940-1965

Just kinda curious what exactly the first one is and what the Cases are and values on them. Not interested in selling them at all. I consider them all family knives no matter the value. I am just the caretaker until I hand them down to my kids at some point.
Thanks

Attachments

• knives 002.jpg
    knives 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
  • knives 005.jpg
    knives 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 42
  • knives 006.jpg
    knives 006.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
  • knives 008.jpg
    knives 008.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 38
  • knives 011.jpg
    knives 011.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
  • knives 015.jpg
    knives 015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 31
The ivory handled knife appears to be a Kukri which was carried by Ghurkas. The one with the broken blade is either a stockman or a whittler. If it has a wedge shaped liner its a wedgeback whittler. If the liners are straight its probably a stockman. If the camper is 3&3/8" long it should be a "small camper" and as near as I can determine its book value is $540 in mint condition. Yours appears to be excellent to near mint. Whatever the value it is a nice old knife. Hope this helps.

Thanks Darrin. I sure appreciate the reply. The Camper is actually about 3 3/4". Does that change what model it might be.

Its hard for me, with my limited knowledge, to be sure without a tang stamp giving a definite model number to give a definite name and price. That price was for a small camper which is 3&3/8". The best estimate I can give for a 3&3/4" camper is about $450 in mint condition. Call smoky mountain knife works (google them for a contact number) during business hours and maybe one of those guys can give you a better idea of a current value. One thing for sure, is that without a model number on the tang, it is on the older end of the "tested" time frame. Like I said, no matter the actual value, it would ne a nice addition to any collection. Especially to someone who collects scout/camper knives.

Back