Help needed finding G10 - Scarlet Red

Dennis Morland

KNIFE MAKER
I am looking for a particular color of G10. A vibrant red or something close to it.

For all of you college football fans - I want to find Husker Red. A bright vibrant red used by the University of Nebraska as one of its official colors. Official colors are list as scarlet and cream, or so I'm told.

I have Sooner Red (more like a dark red - maroon). I can find Texas A&M red (about the same as Sooner red).

Anybody have any ideas for a source?

In advance - thank you.

DeMo

Last edited:
This is why I asked. My 14 year old son's "Husker" knife turned into a "Sooner" knife.

If he ever talks to me again, I will tell him I will make him another one. :34: To be completely honest, I think the colors look good together and he was not all that disappointed.

Dwane - Needs to be more redder but thank you.

Steve - I looked at USAKnifemaker. The G10 needs to be more redder. I did not even think about krinite. I will definitely look into it. Thank you.

DeMo

View attachment 49473

Try Sheffields knifemakers supply in orange city Fl. call them and ask about it,they have a large selection of colors in G10.

I second Alpha Knife Supply. Their ruby red is pretty 'husker' red. In real thin pieces or as mentioned, with oil, it will look darker but in thicker pieces, it's pretty red.

Back