Honoring Dad's Passion from California

DadsHonor

Hello Everyone. My Father was an avid knife collector and craftsman. He made, sold, collected and traded knives and swords for 30+ years. He recently passed and has left me with a 600 sq ft work shop full of power equipment and supplies he used to craft his knives, make leather goods, woodwork and do lapidary work. I am afraid that an Estate Sale would draw people who would not appreciate what he did or have the same passion for his craft. I am looking for some ideas on where I can sell his equipment and supplies to someone who would love the craft as much as he did. To honor Dad's passion. Any ideas, suggestions or referrals are appreciated. Thank You.

Sorry to hear about your father, god bless him. I'm sure he was a good man as most knifemakers are.
The best advice I can give you is search knife forums that have a list of organizations listed by state, or find locale knifemakers in your state and ask them directly.
It will go a lot smoother if someone comes to pick stuff up rather than shipping.

Another thing I would highly recommend is research the value of your dads equipment, it's great to give someone a good deal but you don't want to give it away.

My Condolences on your father. It is a great thing that you are looking to pass along his passion to others in the industry. What part of California are you in? I'm in San Diego and am always looking for tools. I even have an old farrier's anvil that was from a local reservation that I get to use now. I also know other makers here that may be able to assist in keeping the items in the industry for those who will truly appreciate what you have.

Back