How is George Brackett?

Self Made Knives

Have any of you heard from George? I've seen on Facebook that he's been in the hospital since Thanksgiving and the family seems really concerned. I believe that he had a heart attack. I've talked to him and read his posts on here many times, so just wondering how he's doing. I don't feel I know the family, so thought maybe some of you guys do. Maybe he'll read this and fill us in.

Last edited:
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I messaged Georges' daughter, Gina Maria Brackett-Barrios, and this is what she replied. It sounds like he and his family are going to have rough road in front of them. An LVAD is a left ventricle assist device, and is used to help people that are waiting for a transplant. It's for people with end-stage heart failure.
[/FONT]Gina said George's friends are more than welcome to friend her on Facebook. Please keep the Brackett family in your prayers.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Here's an updated So my dad is awake. He is remaining calm with the intubation so he is not as heavily sedated as yesterday. However he is not allowed visitors because he gets too upset when he sees people. They will most likely not be able to put an LVAD but they are evaluating him for a transplant. He is willing to continue fighting until he can get a transplant if he qualifies. Average transplant wait time for a 1A patient in this hospital is between 1 to 2 weeks give or take. His blood type is O+ so that complicates things a little because he can only accept O+. They are evaluating him and we should know tomorrow, latest Friday, if he is a transplant candidate. Today they will continue to run tests.[/FONT]

Oh wow, thanks Jess. Sounds very bad indeed, thanks for the update. Keeping my fingers crossed, a few prayers couldn't hurt either.

I got another update from Gina yesterday. George is not a transplant candidate right now because he has circulation issues in his legs. I guess the doctors are going to re-examine the idea of implanting an LVAD. They won't put him on the transplant list unless the circulation issue is resolved. He could have an LVAD implanted as soon as Monday. Keep the prayers headed their way!

Back