How many of you guys and/or gals carry a vintage or antique knife rather than modern one?

SCALPHUNTER

I carry a 100+ year old collared butcher knife that was converted into a type of Hudson Bay blade.

It has a 6" blade with a walnut handle.

It still has all of traits that gives it that antique quality look and it takes a razor's edge.

Attachments

• 20210212_190819(1).jpg
    20210212_190819(1).jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210214_144141(1).jpg
    20210214_144141(1).jpg
    650.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
On rare occasions I will carry my Dad's pocket knife. It's an Old Henry. It has to be at least 50 years old, probably older. Not what I would call an antique, but close.
I do have a Bayonet off of a FAL in my collection that is probably about the same age.

Nothing as old as yours. I have dads issue knife from 50s, a couple of Schrade folders from the 70s and a Kabar from same era.

I carry an old Boker that I got at estate sale. One blade was broken so took apart and use with the two blades. Main clip had point broken so reground and now half of it is gone but still usable.

The kids got some pocket knife heirlooms from their great grandfather. There is one I think might be of good quality which went to my oldest daughter. It's stamped, but unfortunately I don't have the name on hand. It wasn't Buck, Old Trpper, or Case. It was something I hadn't heard of yet.
It seems well made: Two blades with locks on the back, tight, with no screws.

Back