Howdy

jkf96a

Howdy all. I'm Jason Fry, from Abilene, TX. I've been making knives for about 18 months and have completed 67 so far. I mostly do stock removal, because I lack a good anvil and forge. I use mostly 1080, files, and trap springs, with an occasional 8670M saw blade thrown in. I made my first 17 knives with files and sandpaper, then got a Craftsman 2x42. I have a website, and I sell most of my knives on the Texas Hunting Forum classifieds. I hang out at Bladeforums regularly, and just found this site. I know a few of you, and a few of you know me.

I work as a psychologist for my "real" job, and make knives to pay for my fishing habit. I've also been in retail, and in youth ministry. I have a wife of 11 years, and two boys ages 4 and 5. Grew up in Austin, TX.

Welcome to the pack. Glad to see that we have a "professional" who understands and can defend our passion (addiction as others may refer to it as).

Murph

Welcome to Knife Dogs, Jason! Glad you made it! 2thumbs My mom is from Austin and my brother lives up there.

Thought I saw your name on here the other day or I would have messeged you about this forum. Glad your over here. By the way I'm gonna be slingin arrows at some goats down by abilene next week at dos plumas ranch.

Back