I Received My KITH From Bruce

Randy Lucius

I really enjoyed Bruce"s WIP. Not many people would attempt a Bowie with files and sandpaper. It takes someone with some "want to". Bruce is the kind of guy that I would want on my side if I got in a jam. There's no quit in him.

On to the knife. It's a beautiful piece!! The blade is very nicely finished. There's no stray scratches or areas that received more attention than others. Very uniformly done and highly polished. I don't want to guess how many hours it took to get that finish. The clam shell guard is attractive and secured with a nice domed pin as are the scales. A very nice touch. The spine and part of the blade are file worked and it's some of the best I've seen. Not overdone or gaudy. All the cuts are nice and crisp. The spacing is very even and you can see great care was taken. Bruce did a tutorial on his file work that I'll be reading again. Looking at his beautiful work makes me want to give it a try.

OK. Time for pictures because everybody loves pictures.

Overall shot of the knife.
Bruce0001_e.jpg

Detail of the blade. Kitchen lights reflecting.
Bruce0002_e.jpg

The guard and domed pin. And look at the finish on the blade. Beautiful!
Bruce0003_e.jpg

Bruce's outstanding file work. Can't say much about it. It speaks for itself.
Bruce0004_e.jpg

Another shot of the file work and a view of the guard.
Bruce0005_e.jpg

Bruce sent a block of ceder along with the knife that I'm going to use to make a display stand. It's not finished. I have a couple more things to add. When I get it done I'll post better pictures.
Bruce0006_e.jpg

Thank you Bruce for such a great knife! You put alot of work into it and it shows.

I really enjoyed Bruce"s WIP. Not many people would attempt a Bowie with files and sandpaper. It takes someone with some "want to". Bruce is the kind of guy that I would want on my side if I got in a jam. There's no quit in him.

On to the knife. It's a beautiful piece!! The blade is very nicely finished. There's no stray scratches or areas that received more attention than others. Very uniformly done and highly polished. I don't want to guess how many hours it took to get that finish. The clam shell guard is attractive and secured with a nice domed pin as are the scales. A very nice touch. The spine and part of the blade are file worked and it's some of the best I've seen. Not overdone or gaudy. All the cuts are nice and crisp. The spacing is very even and you can see great care was taken. Bruce did a tutorial on his file work that I'll be reading again. Looking at his beautiful work makes me want to give it a try.

OK. Time for pictures because everybody loves pictures.

Overall shot of the knife.
View attachment 71142

Detail of the blade. Kitchen lights reflecting.
View attachment 71143

The guard and domed pin. And look at the finish on the blade. Beautiful!
View attachment 71144

Bruce's outstanding file work. Can't say much about it. It speaks for itself.
View attachment 71145

Another shot of the file work and a view of the guard.
View attachment 71146

Bruce sent a block of ceder along with the knife that I'm going to use to make a display stand. It's not finished. I have a couple more things to add. When I get it done I'll post better pictures.
View attachment 71147

Thank you Bruce for such a great knife! You put alot of work into it and it shows.
Geez Randy, thanks for the kind words. I'm very proud of how it finally turned out, after all the setbacks. Enjoy it my friend.

Added this challenge coin to the display. Have one more thing to do and it’s finished. View attachment 71149
Added this challenge coin to the display. Have one more thing to do and it’s finished. Huh
Added this challenge coin to the display. Have one more thing to do and it’s finished. View attachment 71149
This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! It's an honor that I will cherish always. Thanks Randy.

Last piece of the display for Bruce's knife is done. Added a nameplate.
View attachment 71195

It's the first thing people see when they walk into my office. When I tell them how I got it they think it's neat. When I tell them how it was made, they think I'm lying. It's alot of fun and a great conversation piece. Thanks Bruce!!

View attachment 71196
Wow! That's all I can say! Wow! Thanks, Randy. Wow!

Back