Just finished knife for an Army Ranger

Justin Presson

Here is a knife I just finished for a friend I went to high school with, her husband is currently in Iraq. He is an Army Ranger. She didnt give me any direction just military style.

This is the first time making this design and doing the lanyard cut out like that. I really like how this knife feels in the hand and think it overall is a simple multi functional design.
Steel is Aebl acid etched and stonewashed. Handle is OD Green Micarta.
I borrowed a stencil from Bob at Ranger made knives and etched the Ranger patch/tab on it.

Let me know what you think.

BSaNn4k.jpg

iunExbX.jpg

r1hrRvI.jpg

RPAKjxs.jpg

Well my friend, I have to say................................YOU KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!! Great job, it looks fantastic. You asked for feedback - the only thing that might be useful for this type knife would be to incorporate a rounded or semi-pointed striking heel.

Love it,as a ranger vet we love our tabs ! If I may make a suggestion on your design,Your lanyard hole reminds me of a arch and arches are the perfect place for ranger tabs,if you made it slightly larger it would be a great spot to put a tab.

Well my friend, I have to say................................YOU KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!! Great job, it looks fantastic. You asked for feedback - the only thing that might be useful for this type knife would be to incorporate a rounded or semi-pointed striking heel.

Thats a good idea.

as a former army i agree , also im thinking you will be asked for desert color Handel wen you get the question maybe ? make that Ranger logo bigger
nice knife i hope its never needed !

Back