Just Ordered a Heat Treat Oven!

CDHumiston

KNIFE MAKER
I decided it was time to get my own oven and start learning to heat treat my own blades. So I took the plunge
and bought an Evenheat KO 22.5. I'm certain I'll never need anything bigger and this thing gets up to 2400°.

I went with the TAP Controller, Power Interrupt and Solid State Relays.

Wait time is around 8 weeks...oh the torture.

As soon as I ordered the oven it was brought to my attention I should get a Hardness Tester. So...I found this one
local. I bought it today and had it delivered and set up as part of the deal.

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Three excellent decisions,,, lol,,,,
1) Nice heat treat oven,
2) I need that hardness tester.
3) I had to go out to the garage to make sure my bike was still there!!! lol,,,,,
It would be a long way to go to cop my bike. I could not tell if it was a springer from the photo. Nice ride!!!
ENJOY your new toys.

Three excellent decisions,,, lol,,,,
1) Nice heat treat oven,
2) I need that hardness tester.
3) I had to go out to the garage to make sure my bike was still there!!! lol,,,,,
It would be a long way to go to cop my bike. I could not tell if it was a springer from the photo. Nice ride!!!
ENJOY your new toys.

Unfortunately that is the sellers garage and the sweet bike is his. He did try and sell it to me though...

I bought a Paragon 24. I did like the TAP control better than the Paragon though. I got their Digital controller, and the SS relays were standard (one of the reasons I bought the Paragon). SS relays are the best upgrade in my opinion especially if your working in the shop! Friend of mine has an older oven with mechanical relays I'll be over there and that constant clicking drive me nuts!! LOL!! Mine had a long wait too! Enjoy it when you get it. One of my favorite toys in shop! CONGRATS!!

I bought a Paragon 24. I did like the TAP control better than the Paragon though. I got their Digital controller, and the SS relays were standard (one of the reasons I bought the Paragon). SS relays are the best upgrade in my opinion especially if your working in the shop! Friend of mine has an older oven with mechanical relays I'll be over there and that constant clicking drive me nuts!! LOL!! Mine had a long wait too! Enjoy it when you get it. One of my favorite toys in shop! CONGRATS!!
Lol...I like the clicking...I can hear it from the office and don't have to check the oven to make sure the breaker didn't flip....

Back