Just wanted to update everyone

My LORD, the one true GOD You know Ed and his family and you know what he has done for the people gathered here and elsewhere. We now come before You to ask Your healing for Ed. Please let the healing be a true miracle so that no one but You may receive the glory. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
Amen. Lord many here agree in prayer with this...please heal Ed.

Gliden07

Geezzz Ed I'm sorry to hear that! I know you had some trouble before that you said had finally gotten cleared up and you were on the mend. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Sorry for not updating sooner....our internet/phone service were down for almost 3 days.

Anyway, the visit to the Oncologist...... he suspects I may have lymphoma. Lymph nodes are swollen, and he need biopsies to know what we're dealing with. Whatever it is, it's kept me in pain, and in the recliner since last Thursday. I go today to a pumonologist, with the hope that he is gona use a bronchiscope to do biopsies..... but gosh it seems like the medical wheels turn so slowly.

Not sure how much I'll be around the forums in the coming days, but will do my best to keep everyone updated. Please pray that this will get quickly diagnosed and treated.

Don Robinson

Sorry for not updating sooner....our internet/phone service were down for almost 3 days.

Anyway, the visit to the Oncologist...... he suspects I may have lymphoma. Lymph nodes are swollen, and he need biopsies to know what we're dealing with. Whatever it is, it's kept me in pain, and in the recliner since last Thursday. I go today to a pumonologist, with the hope that he is gona use a bronchiscope to do biopsies..... but gosh it seems like the medical wheels turn so slowly.

Not sure how much I'll be around the forums in the coming days, but will do my best to keep everyone updated. Please pray that this will get quickly diagnosed and treated.

Best wishes, Ed.

C Craft

Ed, hang in there! When you or a family member is the patient it seems like the medical wheels turn it is excruciatingly slow! Keep up the spirit and let us know how things are going. Sending more prayers for you and your family!!

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Update on my situation...I go in on Wednesday morning (10 Oct) for biopsies of lymph nodes and lung nodules via bronchial scope. If they can’t get enough tissue for a diagnosis, it’ll have to be via regular surgery another day. If all goes well it’ll be in/out the same day. I’d appreciate your prayers.
I did ask the Pulmonologist how long biopsy results would take..... if it's done locally, he said a couple of days, but he also said that since this thing is so rare, they may be sending the biopsies to the Mayo Clinic for results. If that happens, it could be a week or more.

On the up side, they did give me some pain meds, which has allowed me some function.
I really want to express my gratitude for all the prayers and well wishes.... it means more then I can say.

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Next update: went in for the biopsies . They got the tissues they needed for testing, but in the process, partially collapsed my right lung. They thought it would self-correct, so had to stay in the hospital last night... after a couple X-rays today, the lung isn't recovering..... so shortly they are putting in a chest tube, and I spend another night.
Docs sent biopsies to Mayo, and expect results Monday or Tuesday. The oncologist here believes it is Lymphoma, and says if it's the type he believes, it's not curable, but is very treatable, and made the statement "I can knock this down in 2-4 chemo treatments ". Sure hope it is what he suspects. Thanks for keeping the family and I in prayer!

Doug Lester

Hang in there, Ed. The chemo might be a bit of a drag but it's not like the doc's are talking about it lasting for the rest of forever. As John said it's much better having something like that in the 21st century than at any time before. I'll send extra prayers your way.

Doug

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
What started out as a one nighter in the hospital has turned into an all inclusive 3 night, 4 day event (just like they give away on The Price is Right!). Lung wouldn’t stay inflated. Trying the process one more time.... not sure what protocol is if I doesn’t work this time. Oncologist already has me scheduled for a treatment Monday morning. Said while waiting for biopsy results, we’re gona hit it with what slowed it in the past.... Retuxan. Then will adjust as the biopsy reports dictate. My sincere thanks for keeping the family and I in prayer.