Just wanted to update everyone

Gliden07

Ed hope it all works out, miss your posts and living in pain has to be horrible! Thoughts and prayers!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Thank You! I certainly would not have made it this far without the support of everyone in the knife community. When things get really bad, I just keep telling myself.... It's God's Plan, and it's God's timing.
As I mentioned, Cindy and I have prayed the the Lord would give the Doctors insight and knowledge.....and if feels like this surgery is how he intends to do that.

cdent

Hey Ed,

I know you have other things on your mind, but I figured you might be taking in a little basketball. How about that, UCF almost sent Duke packing.

Take care and hang in there, Craig

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Well, on April 28th Cindy and I will be headed back to Seattle and U of W Medical center. Looks like surgical biopsies later that week on lungs and lymph nodes. They say I'll be there at least two weeks this time around.

The Pulmonologist, and Rheumatologist that I have been seeing locally, have taken positions elsewhere, and that leaves me without either....because we don't have anymore in town. But, it opened a door, in that my case manager has put in referrals to see both specialties at U of W..... and hopefully we can get those appts scheduled in the time frame after the biopsies.

More to come.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Progress? I'm sure praying for it. All but one of the Doctors involved in my case just flat said.. "Nothing is going to move forward until the biopsies are done." :( That's why I gave in. Hopefully this time it will go more smoothly. (last time I spent a week in the hospital, and 10 week in the recliner at home.)

I'm convinced of the autoimmune thing now...... my whole body hurts. Spasms in all the major muscle groups, and legs/joints hurt so bad I can barely walk sometimes.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement...... you folks are awesome!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Change of plans. I got a call from U or W..... my appointment has been bumped to 13 May. The Doctor who is doing the lung and lymph node biopsy surgery on me, is reputed to be one of the best Thoracic Surgeons in the nation, and is scheduled to do a lung transplant on 1/2 May.
So now We'll be traveling to Seattle on 12 May. Surgery will likely be 15 or 16 May, and then of course recovery time, and additional appointments with both Pulmonology (for biopsy results) and Rheumatology (at U of W) on 31 May. That means we'll be staying in Seattle for at least 3 weeks. God willing, and provided I'm healed up enough to travel, we should return home on or about 1 June.... hopefully with answers, and a treatment/roadmap to at least get me back to being functional again.

Unfortunately, I'll be forced to miss the 2019 Blade Show. Bums me out, because it will be the first time in 26 years that I've missed a Blade Show. :(

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated, and if I can't, I'll coach Cindy up ahead of time so she can sign on here and keep everyone in the loop.
As I've said before, words can express how grateful I am for the prayers and support from all my knife community friends.

Gliden07

Glad to hear you and your Doctors have a plan. Hope all goes way beyond well for you!! You need a break!! Prayers, Fingers and Toes crossed Ed!!

Casey Brown

Sorry to hear that Ed. Was looking forward to seeing you again. Get yourself well, and there is always next year.

KenH

Hang in there Ed - the good Lord does have a plan, we just don't know what it is sometimes. Bummer on missing Blade this year.

John Wilson

This is great news, Ed. A minor delay to get you the best doc instead of finding a substitute in order to stick with the original dates.

Chris623

Ton's of prayers headed your way from my house, Ed. (both for you and your wife) God Bless you in your journey.