Kirinite BLOCK supplier?

LobosStyle Blades

Hey all,

I'm looking for a Kirinite BLOCK. I know that USAKnifemaker's sells scales but I've got a hidden tang carving set that I make and have had requests for the royal blue as the handle. I'm looking for a 1.5x1.5x6" block to use for this set. I'll need 2 of course. I've seen them online but have no clue on where to get them.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is my carving set I get orders for.

Carving - Post.jpg

I'd like to see some also. None has been made to date.
When it gets made, we will have some.

Thank you all for the responses. I truly appreciate it.

Mr. Mickley, it would be great to see them on your site. Thanks for offering everything else you all do.

When I need the effect of a block in something that doesn't come that way. I make a mortised handle.

rps20140812_234232.jpg

rps20140820_093037.jpg

rps20140820_092657.jpg

Edit:

Everyone gets their Krinite from the same manufacturer. No one has it and the manufacturer has not offered it. Talked to a company last tear at Blade that claimed to be the US source. They just smiled about the issue of blocks.

Last edited:
Another way would be to use the Kirinite in segments and put spacer materials between.

Just like you did that cool carving set. only you would have a lot more segments.

Lobo

If you cannot find Krinite blocks - you may wish to look for Corian by DuPont. Yes, the same stuff used for countertops. If you know an installer a small cutoff piece will work just fine. It is much easier to find in bigger size pieces and comes in a hundred colors or so.

I used a piece or two on a knife some time ago and Corian finishes out quite well. Just take a look. It is a viable alternative.

DeMo

Great looking handle George. I've thought about doing that but wanted to see if I could find the block first. This might be a secondary option.

There are lot of inlaced acrylester out there that look great and I can get it in blocks. That is what I did for the original carving set and have gotten request for other sets with. I'll have to keep my options open.

Back