Kirinite ?

AkWildman

I've used krinite about half a dozen times and like it.It always comes thicker then it's supposed to be .I have a thickness sander that I use for wood or micarta and due to krinite being more of a plastic I was wondering if anyone ever ran it through a thickness planner ?

I've used a lot of Krinite for handles and I like that it comes a little thick.
I sand it making a flat lop sided pyramid or sorts on both sides before I epoxy and then do the final handle sculpting.

My two cents to answer your question is to take a very light pass on your planer type sander and see what happens. If the pass it light enough.

I think it would work!

Oh I to like that it comes oversize,I'm working on a Emerson for someone and need to thin down the 1/8 material ,I have used my thickness sander before but I think it would be faster,cleaner and wouldn't produce any heat if I just ran it through the planner.That being said some woods don't do so well in a planner as they tear out ,Zebera wood is one that comes to mind.I just don't want to ruin the kirinite ,I think it would be fine because I've done the same thing with Plexiglas and kirinite seems to react the same as plexiglas .smells the same and cuts the same.

Well 1/4 inch works real well in the planner but 1/8 inch is just to flexible.I think if you backed it up with a piece of solid stock it would work.I ended up using my thickness sander.

Back