Kitchen knife for the Wife

Justin Presson

Here is a kitchen knife I finished for the wife. It fought me all the way....just like her :D
I enjoyed making this knife. I still need to sharpen it and decide if I'm going to make a holder for it. Cant wait to use it.
Steel is AEB-L at 60 hrc
Wood is Hedge as I call it, Osage Orange or Bois de Arc I think you southern boys call it.
Did a flame burnt finish on it then a few coats of tru oil. I love how the wood turned out. This wood is from our back yard I cut it about 3 years ago.
Thanks for looking.
JP
Hi7Wuuq.jpg

0IgBEt7.jpg

kmluXar.jpg

Beautiful! I especially like the belly profile pushed toward the tip leaving a long straight edge to the heel. Very well thought out. It looks like it will really perform!

The handle is absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful! I especially like the belly profile pushed toward the tip leaving a long straight edge to the heel. Very well thought out. It looks like it will really perform!

The handle is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks John, these kitchen knives are a different animal. Just when you think you got knifemaking figured out, you make a different style then you are used to and you have to change your mindset.

Justin, you really did a GREAT job on the wood - really makes Osage pop. I don't think I've ever seen Osage look that good.

Oh, and the knife looks really good also - you gonna LOVE that AEB-L

I was going to say awesome job but somehow that seems lacking in description!! I particularly like this side of the handle. The other side has a straighter grain and has a good look but, this side has a fantastic grain!

While I have done the scorched grain thing I have never thought of using it on a knife!! :cool: There is something about the blade shape and the shape of the handle that really sets this one off!!

Thanks guys, it's amazing how good that wood turned out, I was kind of on the fence with it, first I over did the torch job and the wife wanted it lighter so I took it back with some 400 grit and lightly sanded it till I liked it and was suprised how well I liked the rustic look of it.

Here is a kitchen knife I finished for the wife. It fought me all the way....just like her :D
I enjoyed making this knife. I still need to sharpen it and decide if I'm going to make a holder for it. Cant wait to use it.
Steel is AEB-L at 60 hrc
Wood is Hedge as I call it, Osage Orange or Bois de Arc I think you southern boys call it.
Did a flame burnt finish on it then a few coats of tru oil. I love how the wood turned out. This wood is from our back yard I cut it about 3 years ago.
Thanks for looking.
JP
Hi7Wuuq.jpg

0IgBEt7.jpg

kmluXar.jpg
Love the blade profile on this! The handle is fantastic as well. Great job as always!

Back