Klingspor block alternative

True, and call me cheap, but if you don't have to pay shipping for them, they are only like 4 bucks. I may have to go that route, just preferably I would have it shipped with something to offset costs.

I suspect it would work, but it's not going to give you the choices of coarse, medium, and fine that the Klingspor blocks do. I also suspect it would not last as long. One thing all these types of blocks have in common is that the are consumables....meaning they wear away as they are used..... the level of the block quality dictates the rate a which is wears away.....and in this case, I have to believe that the less expensive the block, the quicker it will wear away, and the lower overall quality it's likely to be....including the abrasive quality.

I used the klingspor blocks because Ed had already figured out to hand sand to 600 grit then use the medium block to satin finish. In other words, I had no guesswork there. You may buy the other block and it not work then you have to turn around and spend more for the one that does work. I bet Boss Dawg could answer your question though before you order. I hope that makes sense.

Back