KMG Horizontal Conversion Kit

leej60

My name is Lee from DFW, TX; I operate 2 companies, American WaterJet & American Lumbermill. We are an R&D company. Bush Monkey Knifes suggested there is a great need for a horizontal conversion kit for the KMG Grinder, we have created the kit for less than $500. Two have been sold, one to Old Style Designs, the other to War Horse Weaponry. Mack Cook from John Peter Smith Hospital's maintenance department ordered a kit. Bush Monkey Knifes is interested in purchasing a kit also. The WT-90 grinder is approx. $3,400 - the KMG with the variable speed and accessories runs approx. $2,000. Do the math. $2,000 + our conversion kit is still $900 less. The first 50 kits are $450 + shipping. This Kit is designed to retrofit the electrical motor that KMG supplies. Holes and slots are machined for a 56 frame motor.
Note if different motor is to be used it may require new holes to be drilled.
Kit Includes (as shown in photos)
All necessary parts to convert into horizontal position (special features motor tension tool)

Kit does not include V-belt depends is on your pulley sizes and/or variable speed set up. You will need to purchase the V-belt to fit your set-up. Variable speed control will have to be re-positioned and will require a longer electrical cord to motor.
Kit comes with one horizontal work rest.
Your choice:
8”contact wheel work rest
10”contact wheel work rest
12”contact wheel work rest
8”platen work rest
Note the work rests raise up and down to utilize the 2” grinding belt surface & all tilt to an almost vertical position
Each additional work rest - $ 60

*$75 / platen work rest if purchased separately

Satisfaction guaranteed

Video link: http://youtu.be/mkR8QQJMdD0

Lee McInnis

Azle, Texas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 106
Looks pretty cool, I may be interested in one in the future.

Question, why not make the unit direct drive? I'd sure love that option, coupled with horizontal.

Thank you Mudman, that is a great question. Our design is to compliment the existing KMG design. We are trying to make it very simple for those who already have the KMG Grinder.

Sure I understand. Direct drive would make the machine even simpler. Less parts, and since you can cut things out- it would just be a direct bolt on plate.

Lee, finally got it up and running. I'll post some pictures, well needed addition to the shop. Jerry

Back