knee replacement

Freds Edge

Had my left knee replaced Nov 1,n
ot quite the piece of cake I thought It would be. This is going to take some PT dedication and a month or 2 before I'm back in the shop.

Hang in there Fred! I got one there is no cartilage left in. They said I had two options injections and surgery! So far I have had injections, done in it! Gonna put off surgery as long as I can! Hope you get to feeling better soon, and listen to the doctors you don't want to be the reason the surgery went bad!!

Lost the cartilage when I was 17 so I have lived with this a long time,the only option was replacement. My wife will be happy a new shoulder and a new knee in 16 months hope this dos not give her an idea's

I can't speak for knee replacement, but I've had both hips done in the past 2 years. One of the best choices I've ever made!
Yeah, the rehab wasn't the most fun, but it worked, and now I can move around quite well, and do alot of things that I just couldn't befor surgery.
Just guessing knees work similar, but one thing to be aware of is that you'll probably get back to say 85-90% relatively quickly (say a couple months) but getting back that last 10-15% takes a long time, so be patient. If it's like everyone I've ever talked to, and my experience, it's well worth it in the end.

As a Physical Therapist, it'll go better than you'd expect if you pay attention to your body, don't push through the pain, and ice regularly (especially if painful/swollen).
Good luck and you'll be back in the shop before you know it!

Glad your rollin along atleast. I had my ankle fixed in feb and remember lots of advice to ust the down time for R&D, finish sanding(providing the wife will get the stuff and let you sand in the house) or just use the time to rest up and have a legit reason to nap ALOT. lol

Back