Knife Pool

I would agree that you start putting to many restrictions on ot you won't get as many participants. I think all we can ask is that everyone they to put out the best work you can.
I think makers choice on materials and sheath.
I might try making a folder because I hate making sheaths with a pashion.

Looking forward - I'm thinking skinner/hunter...... or something for the kitchen. We'll see what turns up in my mind to make.

Man, I've been mislead. I thought the whole reason we made knives was so we had something to make a sheath for.

Sheaths to me are one of those necessary evils, they have to be made to complete the knife. I always feel like I'm not putting enough into the sheath because I'm thinking of the next knife to make. Hurry up and get the sheath made so I can make KNIVES!

Man, I've been mislead. I thought the whole reason we made knives was so we had something to make a sheath for.

Sheaths to me are one of those necessary evils, they have to be made to complete the knife. I always feel like I'm not putting enough into the sheath because I'm thinking of the next knife to make. Hurry up and get the sheath made so I can make KNIVES!

Same here. I always feel like I'm shortchanging the sheath because I don't spend a bunch of time tooling them. I wish I could, because I really like leather working. One of these days I need to slow down and really make some knockout sheaths so that I can use that as an upcharge option.

I have been trying to convince my son he needs to make sheaths so I can use those but so far he has not bitten that worm.

Back