Knives by Duncan Tipton

Duncan Tipton

Hello everyone!

I've been on Knifedogs for a number of years, but haven't been very vocal. I have gained much from all of you, tool ideas, design techniques, latest and greatest material, the list goes on and on.

I have decided to integrate a bit more into the Knifedogs community because it is a healthy, thriving group of folks that really want to help each other grow.

I'm going to follow the lead of a few others I've seen here by starting a thread where I will post pictures of my knives as I make them. My hope is that you will enjoy them and feel free offer constructive comments.

So here it goes! This knife I designed and built for my son, John. It has a large influence from the Canadian hunter pattern that is very popular here in the Yukon. All of it's features come from my experiences in the field and the experiences of folks who have shared their experiences with me. The features are purposefully incorporated to enable the deconstruction of a large game animal. Looks come second.
The blade is ATS34 SS at 60 Rc, 3/32 thick, the handle is Kirinite from Tracy, and the pins are brass.

IMG_5642.jpg

Thanks for looking, Duncan Tipton

Last edited:
This post had a poor photo, I think I posted it RAW.

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Great design and workmanship on that Duncan- really likin' that.

On the picture, not sure what would have happened - I save my pics to photobucket and copy them back, which is in the tutorial at top of this forum, but not sure would help. Could have something to do with the black background?

Thank you for the complements, Ausbrooks. I don't think the background has anything to do with it, I'll try posting it again, but maybe I'll need to use a hosting site like you do.
IMG_5642.jpg

Back