Kukri in progress

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Kukri in progress ( With Updated Pro pics)

Hello everyone haven't been able to get in the shop a lot but, here is what I've working on.

Integral Damascus Kukri

Steel is 1080/15n20 twist by Randy Haas

Blade is 8 inches and 12 3/4 overall.

The feel of the knife is very good with the weight at the hand and a good balance.

Still need to sand out the file marks in places and heat treat.

That'll be for my next days off.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

Wayne Bensinger

Man, that's pretty detailed, looks like a real challenge to get those grooves and that handle the way you have. Nice work, can't wait to see the end results when your done.

Wayne

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Thanks, I've managed to get it heat treated but I haven't been feeling to good so sooner or later I'll get back in the shop and get'er done.

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Hi All, Kukri is finally finished. I had hoped to get this done up a long time ago but I got sick and was out of the shop for a few months. I am mostly better and hope I can stay in the shop and get back to making stuff.

I based the sheath on a Joseph Rodgers piece and hope I made a reasonable representation.

The sheath has a felt lined wooden core that has been wrapped with leather. The throat and tip are nickel with a nickel stud and ball finial. The design on the tip and throat is a is a temple the same as the Cho on the blade.

So now for the non-professional pics,

Thanks for looking

wdtorque

Looks awesome! Fabulous work. Glad you are doing better too. Dozier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IanBryant

Beautiful. I hope to tackle a kukri one day (metaphorically of course)
I'm curious about the details of how you got the design cut out of the blade...I would guess wire edm...