Leather Forum??

Gliden07

Are there any good forums for Leather Work similar to this Forum out there? I mean supportive/helpful not sarcastic to new guys. I'm getting to old for that kind of garbage.

I belong to a couple on facebook. One is called 'leather work patterns". This group does all kinds of leather stuff, not just sheaths. Some of the best makers in the world. Like all groups - a few sour grapes... Most of the members are helpful and the group encourages the sharing of information and patterns.

Another facebook group is "knife sheath making". Just sheaths, nothing else. Fairly decent group. Lots to look through.

Another facebook group is "knife sheath making". Just sheaths, nothing else. Fairly decent group. Lots to look through.
I found/joined that group a couple of weeks ago (maybe through something you posted?) and am blown away by the level of complexity and creativity in the work I'm seeing. Very humbling... guess I've got some learnin' to do.

I belong to a couple on facebook. One is called 'leather work patterns". This group does all kinds of leather stuff, not just sheaths. Some of the best makers in the world. Like all groups - a few sour grapes... Most of the members are helpful and the group encourages the sharing of information and patterns.

The "knife sheath making" on FB is one of the better groups for sure.

Back