Little Ebony Dagger

Mark Behnke

I thought being little this would be a quick knife but not the case so here's a couple progress pics.

NS guard with soldered pins
Bronze domed butt cap hammered out of sheet and soldered to NS plate with soldered pins. Ready to start shaping handle then more detailing.

Always like to hear your thoughts.
Mark

Littleebonydagger001_zpsd1a584cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Littleebonydagger002_zpse493514c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mark, I do nothing quick anymore. Getting it done is all I aim for anymore. Looks like your in the home stretch now, got the channel drilled for the tang so there's not much left to screw up. Just don't lose it. :D

Looking forward to seeing it finished! Black is always a great handle color for a dag......

Mark, I do nothing quick anymore. Getting it done is all I aim for anymore. Looks like your in the home stretch now, got the channel drilled for the tang so there's not much left to screw up. Just don't lose it. :D

Looking forward to seeing it finished! Black is always a great handle color for a dag......

Ray I keep finding extra things to do to it (screw up /fix/repeat) maybe a form of procrastination or self punishment, I'm innocent really wasn't my fault :biggrin:

Thanks George, I'm working on it every day and hoping for a speedy finish.

Last edited:
Ray I keep finding extra things to do to it (screw up /fix/repeat) maybe a form of procrastination or self punishment, I'm innocent really wasn't my fault :biggrin:

Mark, I think we all go beyond the amount of time we think it should take to finish off a knife. If your still enjoying working on it take as much time as you like. I've worked on a few knives where the excitement factor is so great you don't ever want the end to come.

I gotta get over the "are we there yet" syndrome but I have so many designs to try and each one takes skills I don't have.

:117_running_dog:

Last edited:
I gotta get over the "are we there yet" syndrome but I have so many designs to try and each one takes skills I don't have.

When I first started making I spent some time designing knives but when I started hand forging blades I stopped the designing. I'd forge and finish off the blade and if it was something I wanted to go further with I'd build the knife around the blade. The skills come with time.

Back