LN dewar

(grinning} - you're right, I've got a real dream setup here. After 27 yrs on a 40 ft sailboat I finally got a nice place for all my toys.

The "radio room" where the dewar is stored is the largest room. My "shop" where the lathe, mill, saws, and grinders are used is smaller at 22'x30' and yep, it's also central heat 'n air.

Yep, I've got reloading stuff, ham radios and test equipment in the "radio room". That's where my desktop CNC setup is at.

If you're ever up in this part of the world you need to drop by and visit - always welcome.

An update on my 10 liter dewar - it's empty. Sat (Aug 22) I checked and while it was still cold inside there was no liquid LN. My sister was here and I tried to pour some LN into a container to freeze chunks of apple to break, and maybe make some ice cream. Nothing but vapor would pour out, no liquid. That was 9 wks. I think somewhere between 8 and 9 weeks the liquid went away, but it was still cold enough inside to treat a small blade. I think I can count on 8 weeks and I'm happy with that.

Back