Looking for info on these knives

Iagent

These knives were bought by my dad when he was in the Korean war. One time he said hey, do you want these? I never turn down things like that, and said sure! I imagine he bought them in Japan, as he was in the Navy, and spent much time there. Quality looks crude, and I can't read the stamping.

Thanks,
Rick

Dadsknives--.jpg

Dadsknives.jpg

Dadsknives---.jpg

Dadsknives-.jpg

Rick,
My first reaction was that these are possibility from the Philippine's? The Kris or wavy blade knife is the tip off!
There was lots of things made for the US Sailor, ship board Soldier Tourist trade through out the Pacific Ocean.

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening

Thanks for the input. Just knowing that that wavy knife is caled a "Kris" helps me to look at a lot of similar knives.
They are fun to look at from time to time, and maybe I will polish them sometime.
Thanks,
Rick

I know this is an old thread, but DON'T POLISH THOSE KNIVES!!

If they have any value, you'll ruin them. just protect them from rust, and store them safe from the elements.

I can't quite make out the details of the stamping but being that it's not a Chinese/ Japanese/ Korean base, my guess would be from the Philipines. Can you detail what the writing is?

Back