Looking for some thoughts

C Craft

Looking for some thoughts or advice on how to handle this problem. My KMG clone is beginning to leave a bad rust mark where the grinding dust and debris are piling up on the concrete floor. My water bucket catches a lot of it but not all of the mess!

First any thoughts on how to clean up the rust I already have there?

Second how to prevent the problem from returning?

My father used have a solid rubber mat he threw down in front of his grinder. It really worked two fold as it offered comfort for tired feet on the concrete and it allowed for the grinding dust to pile up on it and every so often he emptied it! However I haven't been able to find a solid mat like that. Most of the rubber anti/fatigue mats have the holes in them.

Anyone got a lead on where to get the solid mats and or advice on the problem????

Harbor Freight floor mat 4 for $9.99

I'm kind of obsessive and vacuum a lot

image_14950.jpg

I have a mat similar to one posted above. It is rather generic. I put it in the back of my explorer for spills, etc. It is approx. 4x4. It has a lip on it around the edge and I got it at Menard's or Lowe's. It is lightly ribbed in the center. Less than $10 if I remember correctly.

Just remember, I bought the Explorer in 2000. It would work well for what you are describing. The extended lip would catch the fragments. If you cannot find one at Menards or Lowes try as a suggestion any automobile supply shop or even a junk yard for a used one.

That floor in the pic is crazy clean.

Mine doesn't come close.

Will vacuum for kitchen knife build instruction:biggrin:

Harbor Freight floor mat 4 for $9.99

I'm kind of obsessive and vacuum a lot

image_14950.jpg

:les: HE! HE! HE! You would go crazy in my shop then!

Now I don't leave stuff in the floor as I don't want safety hazards but vacuum, ah no. :what!: and between projects my benches tend to get quite cluttered!

However I do open both doors every so often and use the leaf blower to clean it out! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for the info on the mats and clean-up! :35:

Tractor Supply has 3/8" horse stall mat on a roll also. You can buy the length you need and it's easier to move than the 3/4 large mats you find on sale by the front door. I also use it for knife handles.

Your OK Mark its kind of like crazy, if you think your crazy you are OK :what!::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That floor in the pic is crazy clean.

Mine doesn't come close.

Will vacuum for kitchen knife build instruction:biggrin:

Mark,
You are welcome to visit the shop anytime, Just let me know when you are going to be around Santa Monica. The vacuum is waiting!

Back