Looking for Used 2x72 110v grinder

Bill T

Hey guys , I was wondering if anyone has a used setup they no longer need or use ?
I only need something with a flat platen , no wheels . I also need it to be 110v .​
I hate to have to pull the trigger for a new one .​
Thanks , Bill​

Bill, hold your horses a little bit. I've been out in the shop today working on the DVD that I am going to produce to show you how to build one of my Moe's Grinders. The DVD will give all of the dimensions and everything you will need to build the grinder, then I will proceed to build a grinder on the DVD so that you can see exactly how I put it together and make all of the needed adjustments. I hope to have this available for sale around July 1, 2011. If you can't wait that long I will sell you the one that I build for the DVD production or just build you one right now and, hopefully get it to you within a couple of weeks. What with the interruption of the Blade Show. I usually can get one of these out within a week of the order date.

Wayne , I know you have a good product . It's the money , I have very little left , as I also just bought an oven , so it has to be complete with a motor .
That's why I asked for used and no wheels , with just a flat platen . Right now I use an 2x42 and only could afford a Grizzly if I had to go new .​
I'd love to go the build it yourself way , but I know I'll never get it done .​
Bill

Bill, for the money the Grizzly is a good way to get going. My first grinder was a Grizzly.
The build it yourself is going to be a very easy way to go. I plan to offer the DVD, then If you don't want to go around buying all the metal I will be offering a kit with all the pieces cut and de-burred. If you want more of the work already done I will be offering a kit with all the pieces cut and de-burred and with all the holes drilled and the ones that need to be tapped will be tapped. If you don't have a welder or just want it done I will be offering a kit for that, or,,,,I will build the grinder and send it out. I am going to try to cover all bases and offer whatever the customer wants. Keep your eyes open for the announcements.

I'm in the same boat. I only have around $100 or so for a grinder to last me until I can learn to make knives good enough to sell them and earn enough to buy a good grinder.

Back