Making a short sword/wakizashi build along.(Done!)

I like the way you make your videos to the point. a lot of the videos I watch on you tube get to be long winded.

Well....it has taken way to long to put out another video but here it is. Not my best the audio messed up loading songs so it has some mute spots that should have songs but couldn't get it to work.
Should only have one more after this.
It's crazy how much curve came out of the blade in the quench.

Justin this is well timed I have to make one of these for a first time customer and I was stressing over some questions I have because I have not done a blade this size. Your videos should clear everything up for me, thanks.

The curve coming out really surprised me. I would have thought that would only happen on an edge quench, but maybe not. I would have guessed Peters did a full quench, not an edge. No warps?

Justin this is well timed I have to make one of these for a first time customer and I was stressing over some questions I have because I have not done a blade this size. Your videos should clear everything up for me, thanks.

I hope I can get it finished up next weekend, but who know life is crazy right now I switched jobs within the district but still doing my old job a d the new so work has kicked my butt. It only took like 7 months to get where I'm at now on this blade...lol

The curve coming out really surprised me. I would have thought that would only happen on an edge quench, but maybe not. I would have guessed Peters did a full quench, not an edge. No warps?
Looks like it may have had a warp that they straightened. To me the color looks blue on the blade post heat treat that seems kind of odd to me but who knows. It has hardness test dimples and paper says it tested at 58rc. Maybe I will call Brad and ask him how they quench these longer blades.

I just found this thread. Excellent. I subbed to your channel. Thanks for taking the time to share your work. Making videos can be time consuming.

Jacob

Finally had an opportunity to watch this last night.
I can't take a decent picture let alone a video presentation, I enjoyed watching your process.
Looking forward to seeing the end product!

Last edited:
I just found this thread. Excellent. I subbed to your channel. Thanks for taking the time to share your work. Making videos can be time consuming.

Jacob
You got that right! I have limited time to make knives and I think that has been part of my hang up on this project is I want to just finish it but I started this video thing I'm gonna finish it!

Finally had an opportunity to watch this last night.
I can't take a decent picture let alone a video presentation, I enjoyed watching your process.
Looking forward to seeing the end product!
Thanks for checking it out, I'm so looking forward to finishing it too!

First off WOW...nothing like finishing a knife 3 years after starting it!!!. It was really close to being done about a year and a half ago but did not want to sharpen it until it had a saya/scabbard. Finally got around to making one so put an edge on this thing and calling it done....except I realized while looking at the pics I forgot my makers mark!!! Wish I would have finished the video series but life just got to busy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kAa9RXCdm942F4Nrr-VK2dgWyuth_YRK/view?usp=drivesdk

Back