Making Room

Oh yes! There will be concrete trucks.

Can one of the mods kick this guy out please.... he’s clearly starting fights lol
At this point I’d say I’m 90% Burr King, but hey I’m always looking to talk grinder.
Why the burr king? At Blade I played with one and the tooling arm change out seemed like it would be a pain. The TW90 looks like more bang for the buck, and faster tool changes.

A new shop and a new grinder! I'm excited for you! And a bit envious. Working out of my garage with a no-weld grinder right now saving for a TW-90.
Keep us updated on your progress. This will be fun to watch. Merry Christmas!!!

Not yet... I’m waiting until I can keep it out of the rain. Lol. Actually I’m probably going to buy it pretty soon and just leave it in my house until the shop is finished.

Bet the wife is happy to see you grinding in the house - which room? Living room? You might can rig up a dust collector/vacuum cleaner setup to catch "most" of the dust {g}

My homebrew grinder is pretty smooth - someplace I've got a photo of a quarter balanced on edge with 4,000 SFPM showing on the display. I think you'll find most all the direct drive grinders will be pretty smooth.

Good luck and have fun.

The burr king is THE smoothest, quietest and best tracking grinder out there from what I've seen.....including the tw-90. But the tw-90 is a very nice machine with other better features and would probably get my money if I spring for another grinder.

The burr king tooling changes are definitely slower.....takes about 1-2 minutes depending (it doesn't take the hour that so many make it sound like). If you're an all day production driven full time maker, those one or two minutes probably add up. If you're a part time hobby maker, its probably not a big deal.

Or you could learn to work around the tooling changes like I did.

Back