matching lanyard knobs...

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
I got this idea from Dennis Morland...he did a nice one with brass and wood a while back.knobs 4.jpg I did these with .036 thk G-10 liner material and Corian bronzite material which is what I made the handles from. They have brass tubes to match also... I made these the day we gave 'em away and only had a couple minutes to snap some pics...

Idk...Joe did the knots. My next idea is to use a chambering reamer and spent brass to make a c'bore in one end to hide the knot. I would chamber the plastic and then glue the brass in and then trim and polish.

Idk...Joe did the knots. My next idea is to use a chambering reamer and spent brass to make a c'bore in one end to hide the knot. I would chamber the plastic and then glue the brass in and then trim and polish.

That is interesting. I have thought about using two separate tubes and sinking them to hide the knot.

I think something like a Win .270 might work good? the two tube idea should work fine as the knot would hide the junction. The rifle cartridge may be a stronger hold as it is one piece...

We have been playing with a small hot die to finish the ends of the melted knot...it is looking promising!

anything to make a better looking knife, right?? Lol!

Back