McLeish KITH 2020

Ok. So I have a dumb question. How do I use the leather and rouge?
View attachment 76204
Leather is a strop. Already charged with red rouge. After final honing, you keep the same angle and lightly draw the blade back towards you. Alternate sides . Strop for about 6/8 strokes. You're looking for a mirror shine on the cutting edge.
The little plastic container is caranauba wax. A little goes a long way. Use it on the handles and blade. Put it on , let it haze, polish it off.

You know Bruce, I've heard it before that if you take your time you can make a beautiful knife, I see some knives that if the maker just slowed down and spent more time on the last finishing steps they would have a completely different looking knife.
your work shows that.

You know Bruce, I've heard it before that if you take your time you can make a beautiful knife, I see some knives that if the maker just slowed down and spent more time on the last finishing steps they would have a completely different looking knife.
your work shows that.
What a complement ! Thank you.
I'm pleased that they are showing improvement.
It's you experienced guys comments that mean so much to us noobies.
We appreciate it so much.

So I finally had a chance to use the beauts! Performed flawlessly cutting 3lbs filet mignon, several chicken breats and some pork chops from a local ffa champ porker.

72077304-22F2-44F3-A059-E039021315AD.jpeg

Everyone just loved them and loved hearing the story of my friend ol’ hillbilly and how he hand files these puppies to a mirror finish. It was fun and I was proud of the knives - how they performed. How they looked. How I got them. One of the highlights in my life. And I got to think of mom too.

Thanks Bruce!!!

So I finally had a chance to use the beauts! Performed flawlessly cutting 3lbs filet mignon, several chicken breats and some pork chops from a local ffa champ porker.

View attachment 76328

Everyone just loved them and loved hearing the story of my friend ol’ hillbilly and how he hand files these puppies to a mirror finish. It was fun and I was proud of the knives - how they performed. How they looked. How I got them. One of the highlights in my life. And I got to think of mom too.

Thanks Bruce!!!
Looks great Greg! And now I'm hungry!

View attachment 76328

Thanks Bruce!!!
geez, Greg. that's awful nice of you to say. (now, where do I send the payment?)
I'm actually very proud of them and it was a pleasure interacting with you all during the build.
I'm really, really happy that they performed well. The prototypes did well after I tinkered er, ah piddled with them. But I guess you understand that part.l
damn, man , them vittles look mighty fine (and well sliced !)
you are most welcome, amigo.

Back